WHY: Orientation provides students with information about the campus, higher education, college programs and services; degree, certificate, and transfer requirements; registration; academic expectations and procedures; and campus facilities.
WHO: New students are required to satisfy the orientation requirement prior to, or during, their first semester at Mission College. Students that complete Orientation will be granted priority registration.
HOW: 1. MC Self-paced Online Orientation through the Student Portal
- Can be completed in approximately two hours.
- Quiz submissions necessary to satisfy requirement.
- No tuition fees.
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to access this orientation.
- Counseling classes: COU 000A, COU 005, COU 023, COU 145B (Summer Bridge Program)
If you meet one of the exemptions below, complete an Mission College Waiver of Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Services (students will not earn priority registration). You are exempt from orientation if you have:
- Completed an associate degree or higher degree from an accredited U.S. institution; OR
- Enrolled in the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence; OR
- Enrolled in the college for personal enrichment; OR
- Completed these services at another community college within the past 5 years; OR
- Enrolled in the college solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standards; OR
- Enrolled in the college as an 11 – 12-grade student concurrently taking classes in secondary school.