Student Email Accounts
All students are provided with a personalized email account through Microsoft Office 365. You will receive the email address upon registering for classes (NOT after submitting an application.)
Your new email address will look something like this: email@example.com.
If you are taking an online class, this is the ONLY WAY you can log into Canvas and hear from your instructors and complete assignments.
Getting Help with Email
Many of you have already switched over to a Mission Email Address, but If you need help, please look at these step-by-step instructions.
- Your default password is Wvm@(6-digit birthdate). For example: If your birthdate is June 23, 1999 then your password would be Wvm@062399
- You can find your email address here.
- Sign into My Mission Portal Here (under email.)
- What is my student ID.
- Still having problems with logging in? Try this helpful link.
- You can also talk to one of our Welcome Ambassadors in the Welcome Center or our Live Chat during the day.
Contact IS Support
IS Help Desk: 408-741-2696
They must include the following information:
- Full Name
- Student ID number example: G01234567
- Portal ID example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Email address Must be the email address on file with the college
- Phone number example: 555-555-5555
Forward Your "WVM" email to a Personal Account
Your email address can also be forwarded, click here for more information: Forwarding Email in Office 365
Benefits of the New Email
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the email system and to take advantages of the many perks that come along with it, including discounted memberships (Amazon Prime), free access to Microsoft Office 365 Pro for education, and more. See the FAQ page for details: web.wvm.edu/portal/FAQ.html